MVLE is an internationally accredited agency that partners with government, businesses and not-for-profit agencies, supporting over 600 individuals with disabilities annually.
Our Mission: To create futures one person at a time for people with disabilities through employment and support services.
Our Vision: Utilizing best business practices, MVLE will encourage personal and professional growth for people living with disabilities.
In this position, the employee will be responsible for managing the janitorial client services for the various client sites served. This employee will handle contract negotiations, compliance, and account management and must have skills related to contract development, negotiations, comparative pricing, cost-preparing project budgets, budget analysis, time studies, work task analysis, start-up and customer relations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in general business, operations or related field required.
Experience: Three to five years’ experience in progressively responsible experience within the operations and business sectors. Specific knowledge of Ability One contracting compliance regulations and other related activities including time studies for contracted work tasks, contract development and start-up, and customer relations required. Experience and knowledge of facilities maintenance and custodial services a must. working hours vary to include special events and any required pre-event preparation time. Must have own transportation to visit/assist various sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Janitorial Maintenance: Oversee and work with staff to ensure that facilities are maintained in a neat and orderly condition. Coordinate janitorial services and train staff and individuals in the processes, procedures and the use of janitorial supplies as applicable. Manage the proper execution of all safety.
• Contract Management: Oversee the day-to-day management and operation of Ability One contracts. Maintain contact and positive communications with Contract Supervisor and Government Representatives, as required, to ensure the work is being performed per contract specifications and to keep them informed of any special problems or schedule changes. Direct and conduct required staff training including quality control, security, supervisory personnel and crews in the use of proper methods, techniques, materials and equipment to ensure quality and safe performance of duties. Direct established orientations for new staff, workers, and job applicants. Ensure the proper scheduling of employees and sub-contractors to satisfactorily fulfill all contract requirements. Prepare evaluations for assigned staff. Approve requests for vacation and sick leave when appropriate. Make recommendations relating to personnel assignments, disciplinary matters, and other personnel actions. Supervise time studies, review and provide to supervisor in a timely manner. Oversee the preparation of quality control, work schedules and other plans, and schedules and reports needed for contract requirements. Establish a facilities management plans for all current and future MVLE facilities. Obtain and maintain eligibility to cover project management and personnel security SOW requirements for assigned contracts
• Operations: Develop and manage the annual budgets of operations and review all monthly financial statements for assigned contracts. Provide leadership to staff by fostering teamwork while balancing team and individual responsibilities; giving feedback to nurture a positive team spirit and qualify performance; and model dependability, hard work, strong business ethics, and professional personal appearance. Supervise, schedule, and evaluate performances of direct reports. Complete and maintain all MVLE required trainings and uphold MVLE’s policies and procedures. Assure the safety of employees by monitoring proper use of equipment and adherence to safety policies and procedures from information received regularly from direct reports.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse worldviews, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity; challenges bias and intolerance.
Decision Making/Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into components and recognizes interrelationships; makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Facilitating Change: Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace; encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
Formal Presentation Skills: Effectively presents ideas, information and materials to individuals and groups. Effectively prepares and provides structured delivery; facilitates workshops or meetings in a structured manner, can facilitate and manage group process.
Innovation: Uses creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies new solutions to problems. Comes up with new and unique ideas.
Quality Orientation: Monitors and checks work to meet quality standards; demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness; checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy.
Strategic Focus: Understands how an organization must change in light of internal and external trends and influences; keeps the big, long-range picture in mind; builds a shared long-range organizational vision with others. Committed to course of action to achieve long-range goals and influences others to translate vision into action.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains effective performance under pressure; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
The following are the non-essential functions of the position:
• Participate in Executive team meetings and functions.
• Serve on MVLE committee boards, when requested.
• Assist with custodians when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Selected candidate must pass all pre-employment requirements, which include criminal background check, FBI Fingerprinting, CPS and TB and drug test screening.
MVLE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy that we will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
We provide a drug-free and smoke-free workplace for all employees.