To create futures one person at a time for people with disabilities through employment and support services.
Utilizing best business practices, MVLE will encourage personal and professional growth for people living with disabilities.
Position Summary for Essential Functions
Overall purpose of the position: In this position, the employee will be responsible for overseeing Ability One contracting operations. This employee will handle contract negotiations, compliance, and account management and must have skills related to contract development, negotiations, comparative pricing, cost-preparing project budgets, budget analysis, time studies, work task analysis, start-up and customer relations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in general business, operations or related field required.
Experience: Five to Seven years of experience in progressively responsible experience within the operations and business sectors. Specific knowledge of NISH and Ability One contracting compliance regulations and other related activities including time studies for contracted work tasks, contract development, budgets and start-up, and customer relations required. Experience and knowledge of facilities maintenance and custodial services required. Normal working hours are Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. excluding special events and any required pre-event preparation time. Must have own transportation to visit various sites as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Contract Management: Prepare, with the support of the Senior Director of Operations and Sr. Director of Contracts, all new and renewed contract estimate bids and proposals for assigned projects. Assist in the acquisition of additional Ability One set-aside contracts, and commercial business lines contracts. Provide excellent customer support to current NISH/ABILITY ONE customers. Regularly communicate with Chief Operating Officer regarding all developments and related information regarding current and potential future contracting opportunities. Act as liaison between MVLE and assigned operating locations, and NISH East Regional office. Assure control of all inventory and equipment belonging to the corporation for its assigned contracts, working from contract documents supplied by the Senior Director of Operations. Assure compliance and operational oversight for assigned project’s contractual requirements. Establish a facilities management plan for all current and future MVLE facilities. Obtain and maintain eligibility to cover project management and personnel security SOW requirements for assigned contracts.
• Management: Develop and manage the annual budgets of operations and review all monthly financial statements for assigned contracts. Provide leadership to staff by fostering teamwork while balancing team and individual responsibilities; giving feedback to nurture a positive team spirit and qualify performance; and model dependability, hard work, strong business ethics, and professional personal appearance. Supervise, schedule, and evaluate performances of direct reports. Complete and maintain all MVLE required trainings and uphold MLVE’s policies and procedures. Assure the safety of employees by monitoring proper use of equipment and adherence to safety policies and procedures from information received regularly from direct reports.
• Compliance and Reporting: Ensure compliance with all agency financial, personnel and rehabilitation reporting requirements. Ensure compliance of all related activities with all relevant federal and state regulations. Act in conjunction with Manager of Compliance to oversee written time studies and work simplification methods for efficiency and safety of operations.
The following are the non-essential functions of the position:
• Attend related educational /training/informational workshops, seminars, or courses as requested or as needed to support Ability One/Operation department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Selected candidate must pass all pre-employment requirements, which include criminal background check, FBI Fingerprinting, CPS, drug and TB testing.
MVLE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy that we will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
We provide a drug-free and smoke-free workplace for all employees.