MVLE is an internationally accredited agency that partners with government, businesses and not-for-profit agencies, supporting over 600 individuals with disabilities annually.
To create futures one person at a time for people with disabilities through employment and support services.
Utilizing best business practices, MVLE will encourage personal and professional growth for people living with disabilities.
Overall purpose of the position: In this role the employee will be directly responsible for overseeing at least one custodian and for ensuring facilities and vehicles are in clean, working order. This employee must have the skills and ability to perform regular and ongoing janitorial and light maintenance duties. This employee also must have the customer service and communication skills to work with vendors and tenants to ensure satisfaction.
This employee normally works a 40-hour work-week, with a flexible work schedule between the hours of 6:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. Weekend work is often required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Experience: At least two year custodial experience required. A valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s license is preferred.
• Janitorial/Maintenance: Ensure that the bathrooms, hallways, kitchens and other areas of the facility are kept clean on an ongoing basis. Handle floor maintenance as needed (buffing, stripping, waxing). Respond to maintenance requests, including light repairs. Move furniture, when needed. Unpack and stock supplies for the cafeterias and kitchenette.
• Supervision: Assist supervising custodial staff in basic level of cleaning and maintenance required to maintain three facilities. Ensure satisfactory completion of all custodial work. Oversee safety of subordinates.
COMPETENCIES (that successful candidate will demonstrate):
• Adaptability: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behaviors or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches changes positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
• Collaboration/Teamwork: Builds constructive working relationships with clients/customers, and other work units to meet mutual goals and objectives. Behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
• Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills.
• Customer/Client Focus: Makes customer/clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers; gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Follow-up: Monitors the work of direct reports to insure quality standards and thoroughness; considers the knowledge, experience, and skill of staff members when determining extent of review.
• Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals beyond job requirements; being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
• Professional Work Standards: Sets high standards and well-defined, realistic goals for one’s self; displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve.
• Quality Orientation: Monitors and checks work to meet quality standards; demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness; checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Safety Awareness: Being aware of conditions and circumstances that affect one’s own safety or the safety of direct reports.
Selected candidate must pass all pre-employment requirements, which include criminal background check, Drug and TB screening. Must be a US citizen.
MVLE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy that we will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
We provide a drug-free and smoke-free workplace for all employees.